Follow these top 9 Social Media Marketing Strategies
One of the main reasons why you must learn about latest social media marketing strategies is because the most suitable and appropriate place in today’s time to market one’s product is nowhere else but social media. If the marketer does not market his product on the social media then he is missing out the biggest chunk of audience that he can capture.
Gone are the days when mouth to mouth advertising was sufficient to promote ones product. People today get attracted to new and innovative products and actually take risk trying them, and social media is the only place where these people can be easily located and captured.
Social media marketing is a huge platform for the business people as well as the customers who find a variety of products under one roof with each marketer offering a different price. There are some social media marketing strategies that every businessman who wants to enter the social media marketing must follow. These strategies are efficient and effective and will bring out the best results if carried out properly.
Identifying and Setting up of Business Goals
- Setting up of goals is the basis of any strategy. Goals are the ends towards which all the activities of the people are directed. To set up the goals one must know the motto or the vision that a company follows and work accordingly. The goals set should be SMART i.e. specific in nature, measurable at different intervals, achievable, realistic and not vague and time bound.
Creating a Game Plan
- The set objectives need to be implemented with the help of a plan. The next big thing that is to be done is creating a game plan and sticking to it. If there is no implementation of the plan the whole idea or strategy will prove out to be a flop show. It is very much necessary to also study your competitor’s strategy in order to improve yours.
Identification of Customers
- Identifying your target audience is essential as they are the ones who are your prospective buyers. Well, simply identification of the target customers is not sufficient knowing their buying habits, their behaviour as a customer, their likes dislikes etc. and working upon it in order to bring about customer satisfaction and earn customer loyalty.
Going Above and Beyond Customer Service
- When talking about social media a businessman needs to be in contact with its customers 24/7. Social media is all about informal communication and a marketer needs to excel in it. This happens when the marketer replies instantly without any delays to the queries and questions of the customers. Any delay in communication will give your competitors a huge opportunity to capture your target audience.
Researching Ones Competition
- Knowing your competitors always keeps you in a better position than them. Performing a research about your competitor’s strategies, marketing approaches, their success and failures etc. knowing all of this would help the businessman make appropriate changes in the business plan or maybe come up with some backup plans in sudden cases. A healthy comparison with competitors is always welcomed as it facilitates a better face off in the market.
Embrace your Mistakes
- Mistakes whether big or small are likely to happen while carrying out a business. Mistakes or mishaps are not the end of the activities in fact; they always help the company grow. What else can be better from making mistakes and learning from them? One is considered to be smart enough when he learns from the mistakes of his competitors and ensures that the same mistakes are not committed by him.
Allocation of Budget and Resources
- Marketing in a social media requires a huge financial back up. A budget should be set according to the goals, the competitor’s strategy, comprehensive list of tools required that includes graphic designing or video production and so on. A budget should be efficient and should not fall short during the time of implementation. The resources used in an organisation must be used with intense care and efficiency which helps the firm in long run.
- A firm while operating on the social media marketing platform must be cautious of the content or text written by them. The content used must be catchy, decent, meaningful, relevant, appropriate use of language etc. usually professionals are hired for such tasks of putting up the content online on behalf of the firm. Any mistake big or small relating to the content uploaded can break the image of the firm and snatch away its customers. The frequency of posting should also be considered as high frequency in posting can sometimes irritate the customers and on the contrary low frequency may also disturb the customers.
Channels and Tactics
- It is always better to channelise your work and plan before acting. It has been observed that many firms open up their social media accounts on almost all social media platforms without even performing the basic research. Proper planning should be done about which social media is appropriate for a particular product to be marketed.
To conclude it all social media is an effective base which can make or break the customers and therefore the marketers must act smart.